Visit "Where can I get vaccinated" or call 1-877-COVAXCO (1-877-268-2926) for vaccine information.


Building Permit Forms

Town of Moffat Construction Information

A fee of $25.00 for Residential and $100.00 Commercial will be charged for all building permits. Any application that is incomplete will not be accepted.

The State of Colorado, County of Saguache and Town of Moffat have certain requirements, which must be met when constructing buildings intended for human occupancy. The purpose of these requirements is to protect the health, safety and welfare of the occupants and any person who might enter these structures.

Any dwelling in the State of Colorado must be serviced with an adequate sewage disposal system. This may take the form of central Sewage system or an Independent Sewage Disposal System (ISDS). These systems must be permitted and inspected by the County and Town prior to any occupancy.

Wells may only be drilled by State Licensed Contractors. Permits are obtained through the Colorado Division of Water Resources.

In Saguache County any manufactured housing brought into or relocated within the County must meet requirements of the National Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Act of 1974, 42 USC Section 5401, et, seq., (commonly known as the HUD act) or an equivalent code. Such structures 1976 or older MUST HAVE A HUD NUMBER.

In addition, certain structures may require inspections. Below are numbers you may need to contact:


Town Clerk for Permit Applications or Print from below  (719) 256-4538
Saguache County Land Use Septic Permit  (719) 655-2321
State Plumbing and Gas (Dennis Gardner)  (719) 589-0565
State Electrical (Rod Paulson) (719) 589-3010
State Water Resources  (719) 589-6683
State Multiple Dwelling Inspector (970) 249-6622
Colorado Division of Housing (303) 864-7810



Sewage Disposal Sys Application.pdf

Saguache County Septic Permit Application.pdf

Commercial Building Permit 

Residential Building Permit

Modification of Premises 

Connection to Municipal Water Service